segunda-feira, 26 de novembro de 2007

Memories of a old tree....

I am a tired old tree
Once small and fragile,
Now the same wind that gently
Touched my branches
Spreading the fragrance of my flowers
Far away, attracting all kind of insects
Puts my will to survive to a final test

But whenever I may fall
I know that even then I have some worth
Because I will be able to keep the cold away
On a winter night as my dry wood
Is set alight on the fireplace

But I have fond memories of my existence as a tree
As you should have of your life
Despite the end that is approaching I had a full existence

I saw too many sunrises as I did sunsets
Too many stars above me I saw
I haven’t count them all
You should try
And don’t be upset if you can’t count them all

They are there just for that reason to remind you
That something’s you can’t fully understand
Just accept their presence and guidance
As so many have done over the ages,

How I loved the laughter of children
Running around me without a care in the world
Pretending to be leaves hanging from my branches
Sometimes falling
But never resisting the urge to climb again
To experience something, to test themselves
Over and over again,

How I loved the birds chirping
Leaping from branch to branch
Making their nest in the security of my branches
Raising their young, teaching them to survive
In this increasingly dangerous world
Telling them to never but never give up
Despite the difficulties they might face
You should follow that same advice to the letter,

How I loved how fast the squirrels moved
Always alert always prepared to run to safety
Aware that the smallest noise could be the last
One they will ever hear,

How I loved the wise owl
That came every night to its favorite spot
Looking for food to feed its young and himself,
In that way keeping nature in balance,

How I loved the rain falling
Like tears from the gods above
Touching the earth with the sound
Of a thirsty soul searching for answers
Making the dust turn and twist
As if fairies were dancing,

How I loved the sun warming my leaves
After a cold night casting shadows where the tired rested,
Where lovers embraced and oaths of fidelity were spoken
Many in my bark their name wrote as if doing a tattoo

Years passed and some returned to stand beside
Those same letters and with smiles upon their faces
Fond memories recalled,
Others facing those carved letters now aged by time and the
Elements remember times long ago
Full of promises and weep
Facing the fact that life doesn’t always meet
Our expectations but is still worth living
Still worth fighting for,

This is my advice to you, the most important thing
You can do is keep resisting no matter the odds
Sometimes being stubborn is the correct thing to do
Do as I am doing facing the blowing wind and denying
To fall, I will fall but not now it will be on my own terms
When I fell ready.
And even then my presence will be felt….


Lost_soul

Sem comentários: